1 George Street #18-01,
1 George Street #18-01, Singapore 049145
To be the best support function
providing value contribution
through quality and efficiency.
To be the best support function providing value contribution through quality and efficiency.
Explore opportunities with us!
INTRODUCTIONBorouge’s mission is value creation through people and innovation. Whilst the Covid-19 global pandemic has brought about unprecedented changes last year, Borouge has remained strongly committed towards keeping its employees safe and highly engaged. This has been achieved through the implementation of people-centric activities such as online digital learning, wellness programmes and conducting regular two-way communication sessions.
1. PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT
- Digital Learning Monthly Highlights: Learning Anytime & Anywhere
We provide digital learning monthly highlights to update employees on the latest course offerings on LinkedIn Learning’s virtual platform. Courses recommended are based on monthly themes whereby employees are invited to share their learning experiences. Our employees have access to various learning courses anytime and anywhere to encourage continuous learning.
- Coaching for Excellence: Engaging Employees In Changing Times
To safeguard our employees’ morale and performance, a coaching excellence initiative has been implemented to train senior and middle management on how to further engage employees to drive performance. Five coaching workshops were conducted and over 50 managers have participated to upskill their coaching abilities. Coaching Booster Workshop (live coaching demo sessions by Master Coach) and Bi-weekly Coaching Pills (bite-size scenario based coaching clips) are provided to strengthen managers’ coaching skills in their coaching journey.
Accelerated Leadership Programme (ALP): Nurturing Leadership Effectiveness
ALP is developed in collaboration with Singapore Management University to develop our talents into more strategic and future ready leaders to tackle challenges in the fast changing marketplace. The program has three modules with different focuses spread over 18-month learning journey. The third and final module concluded in September.
2. MENTAL HEALTH COVERWe provide comprehensive medical insurance coverage, vaccination leave and cost support to employees for medical treatment due to Covid-19 or vaccination complications. In addition, Borouge has extended the mental care outpatient and inpatient benefits to employees’ dependents to enhance our mental care support to employees’ families.
3. WELLNESS COMMITTEEThe wellness committee comprises Borouge volunteers dedicated to implementing initiatives that support employees’ overall well-being. Our wellness initiatives include:
4. UNIVERSITY RELATIONS & INTERNSHIP PROGRAMMESOur internship programme has been running actively with local universities for several years. Over 20 students have completed their internship journey as of September 2021. Young talents are provided with mentors’ patient guidance with real-life work opportunities that increase their readiness to join the workforce.
5. REWARDS & RECOGNITION PROGRAMMESWe relentlessly motivate and recognise our employees’ contributions via various channels such as sabbatical leave with the continuation of general insurance coverage and years of service. Sabbatical leave allows employees to take short career break, pursue personal professional growth and return feeling rejuvenated. An innovative benefit that recognises long-serving talents and improves employee well-being.
6. COMMUNICATION TO ENRICH BOROUGE EMPLOYEES’ LIFE CYCLE (ELC) EXPERIENCE
Borouge LIVE Talk Show: Increasing Employee Engagement
Inspired by TV talk shows, we created a regular Borouge LIVE Talk Show. In our first talk show themed “Hooray to our Heroes”, we attracted over 140 participants in a virtual live studio. The event was a great success with employees from different backgrounds to share enriching tales of their career journey and success in Borouge.
- Asia South HC&A Open day: Increasing Employee Motivation
A virtual session with employees to communicate the latest updates on key projects, initiatives, policies and procedures is planned for October that will further enrich the employee experience in Borouge.
- Employee Career Dialogue: Increasing Employee Retention
Ongoing Employee Career Dialogue sessions are conducted to listen and understand employees’ voices, as they are the most valuable asset. The overall goal is to strengthen and increase employee retention as this shows that Borouge cares and wants to hear their concerns.
7. ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE
- Corporate Orientation Program for New Employees (COPE): Extending Warmth to New Hires
Virtual COPE is conducted quarterly via video to have a more personal touch. Our CEO personally welcomes new hires and subject matter experts share more about our business, products, brand and values to help new hires learn and assimilate as quickly as possible.
- Onboarding: Welcoming New Hires To Borouge Family
We worked closely with IT to deliver electronic equipment and mobile phones to new hires before their first day of work. HR and IT conduct virtual office tours with a high emphasis on workplace safety as employees’ safety is our topmost priority.
8. HC&A SERVICE DELIVERY MODEL & CATALOGUE – ASK HCAs part of a comprehensive HC&A Service Delivery Model, our Ask HC Portal is a centralised focal point for our employees to submit any HR related queries. The relevant HC&A personnel will answer the queries in a systematic order, ensuring prompt clarification of employees’ queries.
We are delighted to receive this esteemed “Best Companies To Work For In Asia” Award for the fourth consecutive year. It affirms Borouge’s commitment towards prioritising the overall well-being and growth of our employees. Despite the prolonged challenges that the pandemic has brought to workplaces globally, we continue to put our people first which has resulted in a highly engaged and performance driven workforce. We look forward to continuing this journey with our employees, and clocking Borouge’s next milestones and next phases of growth together.Asmaa Al Kindi, Vice President, Human Capital & Administration