29th Fl., Taipei Metro Tower,
No. 207, Tun Hwa S. Rd., Sec. 2,
Taipei 106, Taiwan
29th Fl., Taipei Metro Tower, No. 207, Tun Hwa S. Rd., Sec. 2, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Turn U-Ming Marine into a
and logistics company,
hence becoming the first
choice for customers,
employees and investors.
Turn U-Ming Marine into a world-class transportation and logistics company,
hence becoming the first choice for customers, employees and investors.
Explore opportunities with us!
Company ProfileU-Ming Marine Transport Corporation formerly named as Yue Ming Transportation Co., was established in 1984 to provide marine transportation of cement, dry commodities and industrial raw materials, specializing in the trading of vessels and agency services.
We established our headquarters in Taiwan, forming 3 fully owned subsidiaries in Singapore, Hong Kong and Xiamen to extend our service to worldwide customers.
As well as expanding our investment activities through strategic alliance, we established joint ventures with our partners. While dry bulk shipping will remain as our core competency, our vision is to turn U-Ming Marine into a world-class transportation and logistics company, hence becoming the ﬁrst choice for customers, employees and investors.
Work policies and practicesTo be a world-class logistics supplier is our vision since the company’s establishment. With shipping as the core value, we constantly seek opportunities to cooperate with quality companies to expand our business territory and thereby achieve business diversification. In recent years, we have been developing green shipping, enhancing maritime safety and introducing digital smart management in support of the Convention on the International Maritime Organization. We make continual advancement through implementing defined sustainable management goals. At the beginning of each year, we will discuss the list of topics in conformity with “environmental” ,“social” and “governance” sustainable development with respect to the UN SDGs, topics that concern stakeholders and subject matter in relation to industrial/environmental compliance. Then we will submit the list to BOD which will vote for the feasible sustainable topics to be implemented by each department.
- While employees are our most important asset, we have established a remuneration committee which holds meetings regularly to review the wage standard of employees. In addition, we have established an employee welfare committee (EWC) and Labor-Management Meeting to plan and implement matters in relation to employee benefits.
- Apart from organizing leisure activities, employee travels, and activities to express appreciation for employees on major festivals, we offer birthday presents (vouchers) and travel allowances for employees to balance work and health and promote friendship among them. To express care for the employee’s family, we provide scholarships for employees and their children and allowances for weddings, funerals and hospitalization.
- We pay the salary of employees by their education attainments, experience, professional skills and personal performance. We ensure equal remuneration regardless of gender, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status and trade union and organization membership. The basic salary and remuneration of male and female base-level onshore employees were at least 1.5 times higher than Taiwan’s mandatory minimal wage. The salary and remuneration increase in Taiwan was 4.1%
- The salary for ROC sea crews is 2.5 times higher than the standard specified in The Seafarer Act.
- In accordance with the Labour Standards Law, the Labour Pension Act, the Crew Law, the Maritime Law, and other relevant regulations, the Company has established Employee Retirement Rules and Crew Retirement Rules. The Company's "Work Rules" stipulate employment, attendance, assessments, rewards and punishments, promotions, treatment and retirement benefits.
- We offer ordinary sick leave better than that of the Labor Standards Act (LSA): 90 days of paid sick leave, including full pay for the first 30 days and half pay for the 31st to the 90th days. We also encourage employees to take paternity leave without pay (PLWOP), family care leave, and paternal leave to take care of their family. To encourage employees to have children, we have equipped the office with lactation facilities for female employees to feel free to breastfeed their children. We have also established the regulations for preferential nursery services with nearby kindergartens in the name of the Far Eastern Group.
- In addition to the mandatory Labor Insurance, Employment Insurance and National Health Insurance, we arrange group insurance and accident insurance for employees to give them more protection.
- The Company assigns suitable employees to take first-aid training courses in accordance with laws and they are qualified as first-aid personnel. In response to the laws, the Company has signed contracts with the hospital and the nursing management company to provide on-the-spot service to the medical staff every month, and provide professional assistance related to the Company’s occupational safety and consulting services on the personal physical and mental health of office colleagues.
- The Company attaches great importance to the health of employees, and regularly conducts key health examinations and lectures on physical and mental health, and applies for the “Work-life Balance Plan of the Ministry of Labor”, so as to invest more resources in the care of physical and mental health of employees.
- Organize more than 45 times of health talks and healthcare lectures, and 62 times of aerobic exercise activities. Average satisfaction survey is more than 90 points. (full score is 100)
- We constantly expand our fleets and business territory and recruit professionals in various fields. We collaborate with colleges and universities and offer internship opportunities.
- We create a sound environment for the career development of employees and have established an effective career competency development and training program to disseminate our culture and business philosophy. Every year, we organize and offer well-planned training activities in four dimensions: orientation training, language training, professional training and external training to achieve talent cultivation.
- Every year all employees receive the annual performance evaluation. We provide a platform for senior and junior department officers to communicate with employees for a department to establish a top-down review and feedback mechanism to effectively assess current and future career development. To develop proprietary senior sea crews, we constantly promote young captains and chief engineers and select or externally recruit appropriate candidates for training. In addition, in response to the changes in the seaman market of different countries, we have progressive adjusted the proportion of sea crews by nationality and increased hiring Myanmar ratings and interns of Filipino officers to diversify our fleet.
裕民航運總部設於台灣台北，並於新加坡、香港及中國等三地設有子公司、投資公司及合資公司。裕民近年來加速拓展業務，2018 年為深耕中國市場與國貿集團公司 （ITG） 成立了兩家合資公司，2019 年與台灣電力、光明海運、日商K-LINE 簽訂合作備忘錄。